Branding & Visual Information Specialist
Problem solver & forward thinker with a keen design eye and exceptional written communication skills.
He has managed publicity initiatives from concept to completion, leveraging the web, e-mail, social media, blogging,
and print media to exceed corporate objectives. A master wordsmith, his specialty is engaging diverse audiences in an
unobtrusive manner that reflects credit upon any organization. A lifelong student of verbal and nonverbal communication,
he understands how colors, shapes, and words influence consumer behavior.
- Featured by Fox Small Business (March 6, 2012)
- Authored cover story for international trade magazine
(InterGame, November 2011)
- Recipient of 2002 Special Achievement Award
(PROBE 2002, shared)
Authored press releases and created print advertising published in numerous media outlets:
- Washington Post
- Baltimore Sun
- Star-Ledger (Newark, NJ)
- Courier-News (Central NJ)
- The Capital (Annapolis)
- Maryland Gazette
- Patch.com (online)
- Eye On Annapolis (online)
- Play Meter Magazine (trade)
- Coin-Op Today (trade)
Skills & Expertise
- Brand Identity Development
- Print/Web Graphic Design
- Social Media Management
- Digital Content Management
- SEO/Link Building
- Digital Illustration
- Photo Editing
Independent Branding & Publicity Consultant
Feb. 2008 — Present
Graphic design and content management services for small businesses, including brand identity, logo/advertising design, and
- COSSLC – National Trade/Professional Organization
- GovConHr – Management Consulting Firm
- Streamline Exteriors – Roofing Contractor
- Be Green Toner & Ink, LLC – Office Supply Service
- East Coast Sound – Choral Arts Organization
- Robert O'Shea – Mayoral Candidate
- J.B. Jennings – Maryland State Senator
(Perry Hall, MD)
- Stella's Bridal & Tuxedo – Formal Wear Retailer
- Soundworks – Choral Arts Organization
- Be Green Toner & Ink, LLC – Office Supply Service
Weiner Distributing Company (Baltimore, MD)
Sep. 2010 — June 2012
PR/Marketing Communications Manager, Webmaster, Graphic Designer
- Developed brand identity, established a standardized aesthetic and voice for all communications.
- Ghost authored November 2011 cover story for InterGame Magazine about technology and the future of coin-operated gaming (as Chuck Weiner).
- Engineered a complete redesign of company website, including SEO strategy that yielded 1st page Google rankings for targeted search terms; managed using Dreamweaver CMS.
- Managed company's online marketing strategy; created e-mail newsletter and built circulation to 300+ subscribers in three months.
- Initiated, maintained, and developed all content for company social media pages.
- Expedited sales work flow by replacing hand written purchase orders with a customized, self-calculating Excel spreadsheet.
- Company's official liaison to the trade editorial community and to local press.
- Implement and supervise work flow for the design, print, and installation of all large format custom graphics.
Heavy Hammer, Inc. (Annapolis, MD)
Aug. 2008 – Oct. 2008
Online Marketing Specialist
- Reported directly to Chief Operating Officer.
- Drove a 5% net increase in traffic to company website in the first 30 days.
- Initiated traditional PR model (press writing) still used to drive organic traffic to the company website.
- Ran Google/Yahoo sponsored search campaigns, including copywriting and graphic design.
- Wrote keyword-rich website copy for company’s search engine optimization project.
American International Group
(Berkeley Heights/Jersey City, NJ; Columbia, MD)
Aug. 2002 — Aug. 2008
- AIG Excellence in Service Award (2003); PMP Certified (2003).
- After downsizing, was elected to remain an additional two months to redistribute office resources.
- Routinely entrusted with billing and policy issuance for the company’s most sensitive accounts.
- Cut operating overhead with software that enabled electronic distribution of policies.
- Reconciled a six-year backlog of accounting errors to settle numerous outstanding claims.
- Facilitated classroom training sessions on proprietary software applications.
Barbershop Harmony Society (SPEBSQSA, Inc.)
Jan. 1995 — Present
SPEBSQSA is the world's largest all-male singing fraternity; a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award from National PR Officers & Bulletin Editors committee (2002, shared).
- Co-chaired and managed PR for regional convention in 2003 for 500 attendees from three states.
- Produced, engineered, and co-hosted a four hour weekly radio program with the station's largest listening audience, broadcast locally on FM and streamed worldwide via the internet, 1999 – 2004.
- Elected in 2012 to the Mid-Atlantic District's honor chapter.
- Elected chapter “Barbershopper of the Year” in 1998 and 2007.
- Multi-time regional champion quartet singer and chorus director.
- Sought-after vocal coach, songwriter, arranger, and presenter.
- Served two chapters (16 – 20 volunteer members) as musical director for a total of 14 years.
- Chapter offices held: Director, Vice-President, Assistant Director, and Acting PR Officer.
Raritan Valley Community College (North Branch, NJ)